Conveniently located in the center of the Pittsford, VT at 3186 US Route 7 approximately eight miles north of Rutland, VT and 8 miles south of Brandon, VT, 4 miles northeast of Proctor, VT via VT Route 3 and 3 miles west of Chittenden, VT. We try to provide a home like atmosphere to make the familiy’s and friends we are helping to feel as comfortable as possible, with seating to comfortably accommodate approximately 100 people. We are handicapped accessible with parking right beside the building, and ample off street parking.
Every family has different needs and wishes when someone close dies. At the Barnard Funeral Home, we listen closely to each family member, to help everyone experiencing the loss to participate in the design of the funeral. As each person (including children) becomes more involved, the opportunity to create a personalized service is enhanced and results in a more meaningful and emotionally supportive for all concerned.
Once the funeral arrangements are finalized, our responsibility is to ensure that each detail is attended to with diligence and sensitivity. With that in mind, our entire staff is trained to the highest standards in every aspect of the funeral service. But more importantly, only those who demonstrate a natural compassion, a gracious manner and a genuine desire to serve are selected to become part of our staff. For it is our belief that unparalleled service, provided by competent, professional people, is the most important characteristic distinguishing our firm form other funeral service establishment.
When a death occurs, your primary responsibility is to yourself and the ones you love. For you to receive the help you need to face the many issues requiring attention simultaneously, we urge you to call us immediately. Regardless of the day or hour, our staff is always prepared to respond to your needs quickly and competently.
The Barnard Funeral Home is able to provide a wide range of professional services including:
– Advanced Funeral Planning
– Supervision and direction of the funeral service, graveside service, memorial service, or alternative services.
– Initial transfer of the deceased from the place of death to our facility: Embalming and other preparation
– Conference with family members to determine and finalize funeral, cremation or alternative arrangements.
– Publication of obituary in newspapers selected by family.
– Coordination of details with clergy and others involved with the service.
– Notification of fraternal orders or other organizations.
– Coordination of details with cemetery and or crematory.
– Automotive services, funeral coach, family limousines, flower cars, bearer cars and clergy cars.
– Forward service to a out of town funeral home and/or to receive from out of town funeral home
– Coordination of medical donations.
– Assistance in obtaining various survivor’s ( Insurance, Social Security, Veterans, Banks and ect.) benefits.
After the funeral, memorial, or alternative service, practical assistance with unforeseen details and help in making adjustments.
In addition, we offer a broad selection of caskets, vaults, urns, clothing and other items for your selection. As with all of the services we offer, we believe that the families we serve are entitled to simple, straightforward information about these items, to enable them to make informed decisions.
Toward that end, we encourage you to compare the various items that interest you, to ask any questions that come to mind, and to feel free to take whatever time necessary to reach the decision most appropriate for you and those you care about.