Loading...

Who We Are

History: Aldous-Rutland

The Aldous Funeral Home was established in 1930 by Edward C. Aldous. Mr. Aldous ran the Funeral Home out of his residence on 134 Church St.

 

In 1952 Thomas C. Barnhart purchased the Funeral Home. By 1956 Mr. Barnhart saw the need for a full-time emergency service in the Rutland area and established the Aldous Ambulance Service.

 

In 1960 Mr. Barnhart purchased the property at 44 North Main Street that had been vacant for several years to expand his growing businesses. Following a lengthy renovation, the Funeral Home and Ambulance relocated to the main street location. The Aldous Ambulance Service operated 24/7 serving the greater Rutland area until October 1, 1982 when the service was conveyed to The Regional Ambulance Service.

      

In 1985 Mr. Barnhart purchase the former Congdon Funeral Home in Wallingford and renovated the building reopening as a branch of the Aldous Funeral Home.

 

Tom’s son Joseph P. Barnhart started working at the Funeral Home while still in High School and following his father’s retirement he continued to operate the Funeral Home.

 

Christopher J. Book became employed at the Aldous Funeral Home in August of 1992. He and his wife, purchased the Aldous Funeral Home on June 10, 2011

Barnard Funeral Home & Cremation Service
Phone: (802) 483-2811
3186 US Route 7, Pittsford, VT

Durfee Funeral Home & Cremation Service
Phone: (802) 265-8085
119 North Main Street, Fair Haven, VT


© Durfee Funeral Home & Cremation Service
Crafted with care by Frazer Consultants and TA